Thursday, November 12, 2009

11-07-09 The Arizona state fair with Norman, Bob, Danny and without Renee

The weather was fantastic! Sunny with a little clouds and no wind. I had my first BBQ turkey leg, it was good but a little tough. We were even able to watch an arm wrestling competition while eating lunch. On our way to the commercial building I found a 'fry anything' stand. I was a bit surprised at how expense of those little greasy balls are! I got the deep fried Oreo cookies and Norman got a deep fried moon pie. I ended up sharing my fried Oreos with a drunk guy sitting at a table. He had one mean Mustache! On our way through the commercial building I found a stand selling and old style candies. They had this odd style candy we have seen on TV called "mellow cups". They looked just like a Reese's peanut butter, but instead of peanut butter in the middle they had marshmallow and coconut. They were not good! It's no wonder you never see them in any of the grocery stores! Norman and I bought our obligatory fudge before meeting up with bob and his son to watch the demolition derby. Holy cow, it was busy! We got in the disabled line an hour and a half early but the line was already full. We were lucky to get anywhere close enough to see the actual demolition derby. The demolition derby was good and Danny had a great time. Nothing like burning rubber and radiator fluid in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment