Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bartlett Lake - 10-11-09

Had an interesting day on the water, caught 2 1lbs bass casting a fat crawdad crankbait. We trolled a multitude of crankbaits well over 2 miles w/o a single nibble. Did manage to hang-up at 36ft & at the same time obliterate my favorite crankbait in the trolling motor! I was backing the boat up to retrieve the bait and totally forgot about the other rig. Ran the damn thing over and pulled the line w/ crankbait right into the propeller. Stripped about 100ft of line off the pole. Ended up breaking off the other line, also. BTW the crankbait I lost was the same one dad caught the 5lb'er on two weeks ago, bummer! It was a beautiful day! Slightly overcast, southeast breeze and lite boat traffic PLUS the boat ran flawlessly! Did run into one problem, I'll cover in part two...
Bartlett Lake 10-10-09 (Part 2): I was parking my boat in the wet slip like a had 100 times before when my bloody remote control totally crapped out. Unfortunately, I was aimed at the dock, about 20ft out and going 2mph! Doesn't seem fast but hitting a dock at 2mph w/ a 2000lbs boat is really going to hurt. I started hitting the button and yelling, "IT WON'T STOP!" Dad straddled the rail and braced his arm and leg to stop the boat. We hit pretty darn hard! Dad got knocked back into the fish-finder so hard he busted it right off. He got a bit squished! Luckily, no broken bones but he did tweak his back, arm & shoulder. Dad was sore Sunday morning but we're hoping no permanent damage. Hell of an end to a nice day on the water! :-\ BTW Dad cooked up a fish, tasted great!

Johnny Jj
Good for you man. I think its the chair man. Must have fish magnets on it. I still have never caught a fish in AZ.

Melissa K
What a "fish" story Ryan. Glad you guys are alright.

Isis R
OMG ! How frightening! Are u and your Dad ok now ?

Bob J
Where's the video? That's what we want to see!!

Tony P
You should be a writer. Hope you are both alright.

Ryan K
Thanks, dads doing better ... just a bit sore! I was fine except getting my ass chewed for wrecking the boat (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment